I am looking for a transcriber/proofreader or two that can navigate between different formats. The ideal person would be someone who can proofread and transcribe. When there aren't proofreading jobs to do, they can transcribe if they wish. Business is growing and I cannot handle all of it as a single person anymore. There will be spot-proof and full-proof-to-audio jobs to do. There are several transcribers and lots of work, so I need someone who is able to put the time in before client due dates.
We work with two state courts right now and more are coming. The jobs will mainly entail the Court of Appeals and grand jury. Most of the jobs we get are full cases including criminal, civil, probate, adoption, civil commitment, domestic relations, and soon will be depositions.
I need someone who is reliable and will ask questions when they do not know something.
Pay is biweekly. You will submit an invoice on the 1st and 15th, which is then paid 30 days later. Due to the way the courts pay, this is how it has to be done. Pay is based on four tiers. I will provide additional information if interested. When proofreading, pay will be equivalent to $20 per real-time hour. Transcribing will be per page.
I am willing to train someone as long as they are familiar with transcripts. I do not have time to train someone from scratch.
1. Proofread by spot-checking and full-proof-to-audio transcripts when transcribers are finished.
2. Optional - transcribe when no proofreading jobs are available.
3. Be meticulous when proofreading.
4. Word and Excel. One state requires headers, so you will need to know how to work section breaks and use headers. I will, hopefully, get a video made soon, but there are examples I can provide.
5. Communication is a big one. I will be available via phone, email, or text.
6. Potential to move into an assistant role once comfortable with everything else.